Code of Conduct
Guests at any of our facilities should expect a safe, comfortable and enjoyable evening, and The Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall is committed to ensuring a welcoming and harassment-free environment for everyone while on our premises including, but not limited to people of all races, religions, ethnicities, sexes, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, abilities, and physical appearances.
All guests will be treated in a consistent, professional and courteous manner by all venue staff.
We expect all guests to treat artists, patrons, and venue staff in the same manner by adhering to the following Code of Conduct at all our events:
- Be considerate in speech and actions.
- Respect the boundaries of others.
- Refrain from:
- demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech, inappropriate physical contact; and unwelcome attention,
- bringing prohibited items to the venues including outside food, beverage and alcohol, illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia, weapons of any kind, and glowsticks
- smoking within our facilities, including E-cigarettes and vaping,
- disturbing the performers or fellow patrons,
- displaying violent behaviour,
- Present your ticket when requested and sit only in your designated seat location.
- Follow the directions of staff when requested to do so.
More information about our policies can be found here or contact the Box Office.
Please take care of each other. If you are subject to, or if you witness, a violation of our policies, please let the closest staff member know as soon as possible. Our staff are trained to support our guests and will ensure our Code of Conduct is upheld.
Thank you for adhering to this Code of Conduct and for helping make your event an enjoyable and memorable occasion for everyone.
The Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall has a zero-tolerance policy for violation of this Code. Failure to abide by this Code of Conduct is subject to action by the Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall, which may include ejection, suspension of entry privileges, arrest, and banishment from any or all Corporation facilities.