Do you have the desire to make an impact and be part of an exceptional team? Does a career with two of the world’s pre-eminent concert venues interest you? Then read on!
Reports To: Director, Marketing
The Corporation of Massey Hall & Roy Thomson Hall is a charitable non-profit organization that owns and operates two of Canada's most iconic concert halls. Massey Hall is in the final stages of its most extensive renovation to date, which includes a revitalized auditorium, improved amenities for both artists and patrons. Additionally, it will soon introduce new performance venues as part of the Allied Music Centre, starting with the TD Music Hall, which opened its doors in February 2023. Roy Thomson Hall serves as the home to the Toronto Symphony Orchestra, welcomes the Toronto International Film Festival’s red carpet gala premieres, and plays host to a dynamic array of cultural events throughout the year. The Corporation is actively engaged in Artist Development and Education & Community Outreach initiatives as an investment in the next generation of artists and audiences.
Reporting to and working in collaboration with Director, Marketing, the Marketing Coordinator will be the creative mind behind ensuring all marketing assets are amplified across all venue touchpoints. The Marketing Coordinator will manage the operations and execution of all email campaigns, across all departments within the Corporation.
We are seeking someone who is proactive, super-organized, has exceptional attention to detail, strong communication skills, data curious and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Key responsibilities include overseeing the execution of daily email, analyzing results and reporting key insights to stakeholders and managing the CRM needs for all departments within the organization. Along with supporting the marketing team in general for throughout all aspects of each marketing campaign.
Who you are:
You are a passionate, team player drive by innovation and creativity. You hold a passion for live music and love a challenge. You are forward thinking and are comfortable working with a very diverse roster of concerts and events within our world class venues. If this is you, then we would love to talk to you.
• Primary back-up/support for marketing team
• Works closely with in-house designer to create marketing assets that can be used on website(s), emails, social media
• Oversee the end-to-end execution of email marketing campaigns for the organization
• Manage all fan communication plans before each event
• Manages email software/relationship for marketing pieces
• Analyzes data from email marketing initiatives to develop strategies and shares insights with stakeholders
• Manages email Opt-ins and monitor unsubscribe statistics
• Ensures that the Corporation is compliant with Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) in relation to email communication
• Maintain quality control – ensure marketing information is correct on all in-venue assets
• Coordinate asset placement in digital video signage for all events and sponsorship team
• Assists and tracks budgets
• Back-up/support for Web and Interactive Media associate in relation to website content and event on sale management
• Participates in social media strategy discussions and assist in execution
• Day of show event coverage as necessary
• College diploma in marketing, design or other related fields
• Minimum 1+ years of experience in marketing and sales/communications in an art/entertainment industry
• Strong knowledge of the adobe creative suite, email software, excel, word and HTML
• Experience with WordFly, Google Analytics, Adwords, Tessitura an asset
• Works with state-of-the-art marketing tools and software.
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
• On occasion during evenings and/or weekends maybe required to provide support in relation to ticketing,communication, and media disciplines
• Interacts with employees and management
• Competing priorities with medium-high control over individual priorities
• Moderate-high levels of considerable mental concentration
• Sitting, standing and walking
As an equitable employer, The Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment where a diverse workforce thrives. Applicants requiring accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process should contact Human Resources . The Corporation is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only applicants granted an interview will be acknowledged. No phone calls please.