Food & Beverage Supervisor
Do you have the desire to make an impact and be part of an exceptional team? Does a career with two of the world’s pre-eminent concert venues interest you? Then read on!
The Corporation of Massey Hall & Roy Thomson Hall, a charitable non-profit organization, owns and operatestwo of Canada’s most iconic concert halls. Massey Hall has just completed the most extensive renovation in its history with a rejuvenated auditorium, enhanced amenities for artists and patrons, and will soon realize the addition of new performance venues as part of Allied Music Centre. Roy Thomson Hall serves as the home to the Toronto Symphony Orchestra, welcomes the Toronto International Film Festival’s red carpet gala premieres, and plays host to a dynamic array of cultural events throughout the year. The Corporation is actively engaged in Artist Development and Education & Community Outreach initiatives as an investment in the next generation of artists and audiences.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage Services, the Food & Beverage Supervisor is responsible for providing exceptional team leadership and patron service in all areas and to assist in the efficient operation of the Food & Beverage department.
Who You Are
You are a self-motivated and focused individual with excellent communication, and people skills. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working with a collaborative, open and constructive team with varying backgrounds. An avid problemsolver, you are creative and look for ways to make good things better. You like variety and are looking for an opportunity to work with a diverse roster of concerts and events in world class venues. Whether you have worked for other arts and entertainment venues, or have a background in the hospitality industry, if you have a passion for live music and events, people and organization and are keen to take on the challenge of contributing to and building our team, we would love to talk to you.
Food & Beverage Operations
- Provide timely and thoughtful leadership to the bar & concession staff
- Supervise bar operations, and catering events efficiently
- Seek ongoing operational improvements, revenue generation and enhanced patron experience
- Partner with third-party catering and rental staff
- Partner with front-of-house team to ensure patron services and needs met
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of bar and concession areas
- Support monthly and annual inventory process
- Provide administrative support
- Greet all patrons with respect and a warm, sincere welcome
- Proactively maintain current knowledge of upcoming events, and services/facilities available at the halls and surrounding areas to be able to knowledgeably respond to patron questions
- Provide feedback to senior management with respect to patron comments and concerns
- Analyze operations and identify opportunities to improve levels of service
- Possess a thorough knowledge of procedures for handling patron incidents and emergencies and be prepared to handle these situations should they arise
- Ensure emergency egress points from assigned section are kept clear and safe
- Supervise and coach Bar & Concession staff in all food & beverage operations duties and procedures, the Corporation’s policies and regulations
Qualifications & Required Experiences
- 6 months to one years’ experience in food and beverage and/or catering services with cash handling
- Completion of High School
- Catering experience at the supervisory level, Smart Serve certification preferred
- Flexibility required, average 20-25 hours weekly, day, evening and weekend shifts required, if there are shows on both Saturday and Sunday, employees are required to work one of the days
- Employees are required to work 2 (two) of the following dates: December 24th, December 31st, and January 1st
- Work at least 50% plus 1 (one) of the shows and events scheduled each week (a combination of days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability and willingness to strive for excellence and superior customer service essential
- Ability to work in both Massey and Roy Thomson Hall and Allied Music Centre when needed
- Professional demeanor with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Friendly and self-motivated with outgoing disposition toward patrons and co-workers
- Problem solving skills, ability to adapt to change on short notice
- First Aid and CPR training an asset
As an equitable employer, The Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment where a diverse workforce thrives. Applicants requiring accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process should contact Human Resources. The Corporation is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only applicants granted an interview will be acknowledged. No phone calls please.