Do you have the desire to make an impact and be part of an exceptional team? Does a career with two of the world’s pre-eminent concert venues interest you? Then read on!
The Corporation of Massey Hall & Roy Thomson Hall, a charitable non-profit organization, owns and operatestwo of Canada’s most iconic concert halls. Massey Hall has just completed the most extensive renovation in its history with a rejuvenated auditorium, enhanced amenities for artists and patrons, and will soon realize the addition of new performance venues as part of Allied Music Centre. Roy Thomson Hall serves as the home to the Toronto Symphony Orchestra, welcomes the Toronto International Film Festival’s red carpet gala premieres, and plays host to a dynamic array of cultural events throughout the year. The Corporation is actively engaged in Artist Development and Education & Community Outreach initiatives as an investment in the next generation of artists and audiences.
Reporting to the VP, Development, the Manager will play a pivotal role in cultivating and stewarding relationships with major donors and high-value supporters. This role will be responsible for managing individual donor portfolios, identifying prospective donors, and designing personalized stewardship plans. The Donor Relations Manager will collaborate closely with the VP of Development to achieve fundraising targets and enhance donor engagement.
The Manager brings fresh ideas and approaches for charitable awareness, reporting and stewardship. With a team and the support of leadership, the Development Manager plays a critical role in donor relations, being a primary contact for supporters, and developing supporter engagement plans.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with major donors, foundations, and high-value supporters
- Identify and research prospective donors and develop cultivation strategies
- Manage individual donor portfolios and track donor interactions and communications
- Design personalized stewardship plans for major donors to demonstrate appreciation and impact
- Collaborate with the fundraising team to develop compelling fundraising proposals
- Attend donor engagement events and represent the Halls to potential donors
- Provide regular updates and reports on donor activity to the VP of Development
- Support the organization’s Advancement Committee •
- Be a primary contact for capital campaign donors at all gift levels and manage donor relationships between the $5,000-$100,000 gift level
- Implement donor recognition and benefit packages as well as policies
- Manage the naming properties inventory and ensure donors receive appropriate recognition for their contributions to the capital campaign
- Collaborate with sister departments on projects related to campaign awareness and promotion, maintaining the master campaign timeline, and the development of collateral materials such as the Case for Support and Annual Reports
- Manage and coach deliverables of the Development Coordinator and Stewardship Associate
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Business, Communication, Non-profit Management)
- Proven experience in donor relations, major gifts, or related fundraising roles
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Experience with senior volunteers: Steering, Cabinet, Board Members
- Strong organizational and time management abilities
- Demonstrated success managing a portfolio of major individual prospects through the process of identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- High proficiency in Tessitura and/or equivalent donor and patron databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with demonstrated relationship building skills
- Proficient user of prospect research tools and databases such as iWave and CharityCAN
- Sound understanding of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (APRA) standards on privacy and the collection of personal information
- CFRE is an asset
The Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants requiring accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process should contact the Human Resources Department. The Corporation is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only applicants granted an interview will be acknowledged. No phone calls please.