Do you have the desire to make an impact and be part of an exceptional team? Does a career with two of the world’s pre-eminent concert venues interest you? Then read on!
The Corporation of Massey Hall & Roy Thomson Hall, a charitable non-profit organization, owns and operatestwo of Canada’s most iconic concert halls. Massey Hall has just completed the most extensive renovation in its history with a rejuvenated auditorium, enhanced amenities for artists and patrons, and will soon realize the addition of new performance venues as part of Allied Music Centre. Roy Thomson Hall serves as the home to the Toronto Symphony Orchestra, welcomes the Toronto International Film Festival’s red carpet gala premieres, and plays host to a dynamic array of cultural events throughout the year. The Corporation is actively engaged in Artist Development and Education & Community Outreach initiatives as an investment in the next generation of artists and audiences.
The Coordinator will support the Development Manager and Development Department with administrative tasks including the Massey Hall Revitalization Campaign. Will oversees the department project management calendar and performs office tasks, such as donor records filing, preparation of acknowledgement letters, gift agreements and pledge payment reminders. Will assist with the preparation of materials, such as meeting packages of research, minutes, and notes, for the Massey Hall Revitalization Steering Committee and other management team meetings. The Coordinator is also responsible for maintaining prospect lists and conducts prospect and industry research as required. Supports the department’s stewardship goals focusing on donors in the $1-500 gift range and is responsible for providing customer service and responding to general donor inquiries
- Partner with the Development Manager with preparation of timely donor agreements and forms, acknowledgments, and oversee the circulation of monthly pledge payment reminders including the Massey Hall Revitalization Campaign
- Responsible for donor agreements and forms for gift processing
- Coordinate, prepare and distribute pre-meeting materials, and attend and take meeting minutes for relevant Committees
- Maintain action item reports, track prospect activity, strategy discussions, and decisions in Tessitura and the master Massey Hall Revitalization Campaign prospect list and Moves Management
- Prepare meeting packages and prospect research profiles for prospects
- Produce donor recognition, invite lists and reports in Tessitura
- Coordinate administrative tasks related to the Massey Hall seat naming campaign including donor seat assignments, collecting inscription information, preparing seat certificate mailer packages, and preparing donor communications
- Create and maintain a supporter master Massey Hall tour calendar and calendar invites for donors and prospects in coordination with sister departments
- Assist with supporter event coordination
- Maintain the Development Department project management and critical path calendar in Asana, such as inputting grant application deadlines and tasks and projects as required
- Research industry best practices and assist the Development Manager with researching grant application requirements and due dates as needed
- Provide customer service to supporters, including but not limited to seat naming donors, by taking calls and assisting with responding to inquiries in the Department’s shared supporter’s inbox
- Conduct weekly thank-you calls to donors within the $1-500 gift range
- Provides administrative support to the VP Development as required
- University degree in a related discipline or combination of education and experience (direct fundraising training considered an asset)
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Development related role
- Development database experience (Tessitura considered an asset)
- Sound understanding of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) standards on privacy and the collection of personal information
As an equitable employer, The Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment where a diverse workforce thrives. Applicants requiring accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process should contact Human Resources. The Corporation is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only applicants granted an interview will be acknowledged. No phone calls please.