Accounting & Office Services Administrator
Do you have the desire to make an impact and be part of an exceptional team? Does a career with two of the world’s pre-eminent concert venues interest you? Then read on!
The Corporation of Massey Hall & Roy Thomson Hall, a charitable non-profit organization, owns and operatestwo of Canada’s most iconic concert halls. Massey Hall has just completed the most extensive renovation in its history with a rejuvenated auditorium, enhanced amenities for artists and patrons, and will soon realize the addition of new performance venues as part of Allied Music Centre. Roy Thomson Hall serves as the home to the Toronto Symphony Orchestra, welcomes the Toronto International Film Festival’s red carpet gala premieres, and plays host to a dynamic array of cultural events throughout the year. The Corporation is actively engaged in Artist Development and Education & Community Outreach initiatives as an investment in the next generation of artists and audiences.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Accounting & Office Services Administrator is responsible for seamless and timely support of general accounting and office administrative functions. The Administrator is a collaborative team player who works with accounting, sales, and F&B systems to maintain accurate records of payments and deposits. Highly organized, the Administrator is also the primary contact for office services including mail, courier, office supply inventory and orders.
Who You Are
You are a self-motivated and focused individual with excellent multi-tasking, and organizational skills. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working with a collaborative, open and constructive team with varying backgrounds. An avid problem- solver, you are creative and look for ways to make good things better. Whether you have worked in the arts and entertainment field before, or perhaps the hospitality industry, or are looking to change direction, if you have a passion for accounting and organization and are keen to take on the challenge of contributing to our team, we would love to talk to you.
- Retrieve receipts for deposit from all departments at both Roy Thomson Hall and Massey Hall
- Reconcile deposits to the daily activity from the sales systems (Tessitura, Volante)
- Enter daily deposits in an Excel spreadsheet
- Process credit card payments for Accounts Receivable or Bookings department ‘s deposits
- Handle daily incoming mail and deposit slip to the bank account.
- Arrange daily bank deposit
- Ensure there is always sufficient change available for departmental requirements
- Log cheques received and prepare deposit slips for Accounts Receivable
- Identify and segregate payments received for Booking and Events, Development and Ticketing Services
- Prepare reporting and remittance for Socan and Re-Sound
- Provide support to other Finance team members on GP entries and settlement support and account payables
- Handle the GP posting of payroll journals
- Manage office supply inventory and place orders as required
- Manage PO system for office supplies and approvals
- Research office products for competitive prices
- Coordinate usage of postage machine and meter
- Maintain courier data log, taxi chits and data log
- Maintain petty cash
- Control and maintain the master data base for the Corporation’s document archives
- Responsible for the operational procedures for document retrieval and storage from the “bunker”
- Manages the incoming mail, organizes and maintains mail slots
Special Projects as assigned
Qualifications & Required Experiences
- Completion of a post- secondary diploma or degree in Administration or a related discipline
- Proficient in MS Office programs
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Superior interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple and changing priorities in a timely manner
- Knowledge of GP or any other accounting system is considered an asset
As an equitable employer, The Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment where a diverse workforce thrives. Applicants requiring accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process should contact Human Resources. The Corporation is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only applicants granted an interview will be acknowledged. No phone calls please.