Bookings & Sales Associate
Do you have the desire to make an impact and be part of an exceptional team? Does a career with two of the world’s pre-eminent concert venues interest you? Then read on!
The Corporation of Massey Hall & Roy Thomson Hall, a charitable non-profit organization, owns and operatestwo of Canada’smost iconic concert halls. Massey Hall has just completed the most extensive renovation in its history with a rejuvenated auditorium, enhanced amenities for artists and patrons, and will soon realize the addition of new performance venues as part of Allied Music Centre. Roy Thomson Hall serves as the home to the Toronto Symphony Orchestra, welcomes the Toronto International Film Festival’s red carpet gala premieres, and plays host to a dynamic array of cultural events throughout the year. The Corporation is actively engaged in Artist Development and Education & Community Outreach initiatives as an investment in the next generation of artists and audiences.
Reporting to the Bookings & Sales Manager, the Bookings & Sales Associate serves as an integral member of the Bookings team and plays a pivotal role within the organization as we engage with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders, to bring concerts and events to life in all of our state-of-the-art spaces, providing memorable experiences for all. The Bookings team is also responsible for managing the master calendar of events and activity across unique venues and spaces working in collaboration with all internal departments, Programming, Events, Production, Box Office, Food & Beverage, Front of House, Operations, Marketing, Corporate Partnerships, Development and Education & Outreach. As the first point of contact with new and existing rental clients, the Bookings & Sales Associate builds authentic relationships with concert promoters, corporate clients, community partners and industry colleagues, through a keen understanding of rental client needs and in alignment with organizational capabilities. The Bookings & Sales Associate is a service-oriented problem solver who prioritizes client experience, starting with site visits and developing estimates, through to contracts, deposits and settlement. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity that requires an exceptional combination of customer service and organizational skills, relationship building and a keen eye for detail. The ideal candidate brings solid experience in customer service and sales, along with superior communication skills and ability to multi-task various projects and competing deadlines.
Who you are:
You are a self-motivated and focused individual with excellent multi-tasking, communication, and people skills. You thrive in a fastpaced environment and enjoy working with a collaborative, open and constructive team with varying backgrounds. An avid problem-solver, you are creative and look for ways to make good things better. You like variety and are looking for an opportunity to work with a diverse roster of rental clients, concerts and events, in world class venues. Whether you have worked in the arts and entertainment field before, or perhaps the hospitality industry, or are looking to change direction, if you have a passion for live music and events, people and organization and are keen to take on the challenge of contributing to and building our team, we would love to talk to you.
• Engage with existing and potential rental clients to promote the Halls by responding to incoming inquiries and through proactive outreach
• Take ownership of the master booking calendar and manage in a timely and accurate fashion with internal and external stakeholders
• Create engaging site tour experiences with new and established rental clients while inspiring and influencing the vision of the event
• Partner with internal teams to curate customized estimates based on event/client needs
• Take ownership of corresponding administrative duties, facilitate contracts, deposit payments and internal booking communications
• Facilitate internal Massey Hall/Roy Thomson Hall and Toronto Symphony Orchestra bookings
• Leverage exceptional communication skills to facilitate discussions between diverse stakeholders
• Lead and/or support weekly organization-wide calendar of events meeting
• Intentionally invest in and develop meaningful relationships with internal and external stakeholders by understanding diverse perspectives and organizational capabilities
• Negotiate terms and provide creative alternatives to rental clients while balancing cost, calendar and organizational policies and procedures
• Seek continuous improvement through process innovation and effectiveness
• Exercise strong judgement in assessing potential problems and escalate to management, developing and recommending solutions wherever possible
• Flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends to foster relationships, and representing the team at events
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Required Experiences:
• 3-5+ years in customer service/sales experience with preference for background in arts and entertainment industry
• Post-secondary education preferably in the arts and/or events management
• Exceptional customer service skills, utilizing tact, diplomacy, and professionalism
• Proven ability to manage time, set priorities and multi-task to meet various competing work deadlines
• Team oriented and the ability to work independently
• Forward thinking, to anticipate potential problems and source solutions
• Superior communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation
• Superior organizational skills and the ability to deliver high quality results while managing multiple and varying projects
• Attention to detail
• Focus and commitment to meet and exceed promoter/client satisfaction
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to adapt to change
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and knowledge of MS Dynamic products (CRM)
As an equitable employer, The Corporation of Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall is committed to providing a safe and inclusive environment where a diverse workforce thrives. Applicants requiring accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process should contact Human Resources . The Corporation is committed to providing employment accommodations in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only applicants granted an interview will be acknowledged. No phone calls please.